Nathan's Driving School, Inc. is licensed and approved by the Georgia Department of Driver Services (Chamblee License Number 0801 and Roswell License Number 0844).
All students who pre-register (either by using our "On-Line Registration" process or by phone) for a Defensive Driving Class will receive a free $10.00 Quick Trip Gas Card upon successful completion of the course. This offer is valid at both our Chamblee and our Roswell locations.
To register for one of our Defensive Driving Courses, please click here: www.nathansdrivingschool.net/index.php/defensive-driving-course/online-registration
At Nathan's Driving School, Inc., we offer the National Safety Council's Defensive Driving Course. This program may assist you in reducing the points on your driving record, in reinstating your license, in having a ticket dismissed, or in reducing your insurance premiums. This program is offered at our Chamblee and Roswell locations, and we vary the schedules to meet individual needs.
Most individuals who take the Defensive Driving or Driver Improvement Course do so either to reduce the points on their driving record, to meet a court requirement, or to reinstate their license. You may also take the Course for point reduction or for an insurance disount. Under all of these circumstances, the fee for the course is $75.00.
We offer our Defensive Driving Courses at a variety of convenient times at both our Chamblee and Roswell locations. You can easily register and pay for our Defensive Driving Course by following the Online Registration link on this page, OR by calling our main office at 770.454.9100. Although pre-registration is not required, classes with less than three attendees will not be held.
To register online, please follow the link to our Online Registration Page. Once there, select the class you wish to take and fill out the registration form. You will then be taken to our safe and secure PayPal page to enter in your credit or debit card information. For individuals over the age of 18, the credit or debit card must be in the name of the individual taking the class. Before starting the registration process, please have your debit/credit card information available.
If you elect to pay the morning or evening of the class, payment must be made in cash. Cash payments must be made in the exact amount ($75.00). We do not accept personal checks.
More than 41,000 people lose their lives in motor vehicle crashes each year and over two million more suffer disabling injuries, according to the National Safety Council. The triple threat of high speeds, impaired or careless driving and not using occupant restraints threatens every driver -- regardless of how careful or how skilled.
- Driving defensively means not only taking responsibility for yourself and your actions but also keeping an eye on "the other guy." The National Safety Council suggests the following guidelines to help reduce your risks on the road:
- Don't start the engine without securing each passenger in the car, including children and pets. Safety belts save thousands of lives each year! Lock all doors.
- Remember that driving too fast or too slow can increase the likelihood of collisions.
- Don't kid yourself. If you plan to drink, designate a driver who won't drink. Alcohol is a factor in almost half of all fatal motor vehicle crashes.
- Be alert! If you notice that a car is straddling the center line, weaving, making wide turns, stopping abruptly or responding slowly to traffic signals, the driver may be impaired.
- Avoid an impaired driver by turning right at the nearest corner or exiting at the nearest exit. If it appears that an oncoming car is crossing into your lane, pull over to the roadside, sound the horn and flash your lights.
- Notify the police immediately after seeing a motorist who is driving suspiciously.
- Follow the rules of the road. Don't contest the "right of way" or try to race another car during a merge. Be respectful of other motorists.
- While driving, be cautious, aware and responsible.